Welcome to new members.

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Just want to extend a welcome to the new members who have signed up today. The forum is doing very well with some members now coming over from the other forum.

Robert Crewdson

RE: Welcome to new members.

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:27 pm

And if no one minds, those with nick names, please send your full names on a PM so we can change it. We would love to get to know our fellow collectors

Thanks and welcome

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:35 pm

Welcome everyone to a forum that is dedicated to the love of FILM! Everyone here is at various collecting levels and I'd personally like to hear about everyone's collections, no matter how big or small.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Timothy Duncan

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 pm

And now cheaper prints is available to all :-) Special welcome to Mr. Lund, who is the one I will get my 16mm prints from on the 19th. Look forward to your lists here, Lars

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#5 by Deleted User , Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Just signed up...

Hope all is well up North

Ole - from the Southern Hemisphere...

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Where are you located Ole; Britain is Northern Europe, with the Aurora Borealis visible from some points.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:05 pm

I would guess Denmark :-) Since he popped up right after Lars Lund said he invited some more Danes ... Great to have you here, Ole

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Vidar, your forum goes from strength to strength, lovely to hear from these folk, lets hear about your film collecting, we are all
chasing the same films no doubt, lets hear, that is our point, to be in touch, C'mon chaps, we need your input.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:22 pm | Top

#9 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Corrections :-) Our forum, please. We all are part of this and nothing would happen without you guys.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#10 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:34 pm

I just wanted to say welcome to ALL recently signed up members! Just jump in and join in on the conversations!

Timothy Duncan

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Welcome to all our recent new members.
Having written a piece in another forum explaining the one way in which this forum does differ from the rest, I am hoping it will bring many more members here as well as the other forums for those not constantly needing reminding how their prints compare with shall we say "more modern media" alternatives!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:36 pm | Top

#12 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks for the write up Andrew. Strange that some members such as Maurice Leakey and Adrian Winchester have only discovered it when it was well publicised; actually Adrian commented on it weeks ago.

Robert Crewdson

#13 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Andrew,
Since it has been brought up, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking up for us despite possible backlash. I saw the posts this morning (as I am a lurker there LOL!)

Robert,
I've noticed that the two you referred to ALWAYS back up one another on EVERYTHING! One of them bashed me and started a thread about me when I left there, but I can't tremember which one, as the thread was deleted by one of the moderators. But for anyone curious, PM me for the thread title that I started which ended my relationship there.

The members here have been a lot of fun to interact with. As I've said before, this forum is exactly the kind I like being a part of. For the few people that even collect film, it's a much needed resource that does not contain a lot of pointless 'general yak' garbage.

Timothy Duncan

#14 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 pm

It was more or less when General Yak had much more posts than the film part that I felt something was wrong. But apparantly it's me that's the bad guy. I was not thinking at the time to stop posting there, but after all the negativity, I decided it's no point. If I post, they either ignore me (maybe they blocked me, because some of the members I tried to explain to, haven't even read the PM's, which I think is a bit rude). I still think, a dedicated forum, should stick to what it's supposed to be for. Volvo Amazon forum shouldn't be about newer things, even if they have "improved" with newer models. "Improved" is used like this because especially when it comes to film, the unmentionable is certainly no improvement for me and I want to hear about film stuff. I am a bit surprised that they think this is wrong thinking from me

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#15 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 pm

I found one or two others that like having a go at people if you hold different views. According to one comment I read today there is a lot of bickering going on, so no change there. It was necessary to start a new forum as they had wandered from the original purpose, and starting to make real film collectors feel like a minority. The internet is big enough for more than one forum; and I think the people who comment that we are only posting what has been said before are wrong.

Tim, I did try to find that thread once but I think it was removed, all I found was a few wondering why you pulled out. We may be smaller. but a very nice atmosphere here.

Robert Crewdson

#16 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:30 pm

I see that the thread is continuing, with Brian Fretwell saying it's better now. (now we are gone)

Robert Crewdson

#17 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 pm

I don't understand why they think our forum is something bad. It is for those who love film and want to get friends with the same minded people. Are they feeling threatened? Was not my intention and I do not want anyone to leave the other forum at all. Do they also think off topic is a good thing? Because they are off topic discussing their new "film" on an unmentionable format in my opinion

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#18 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:05 pm

A quick question ... Do you feel the film music albums is inappropriate? It was mentioned as a "weird" thing. Mr. Hardy asked me and I thought it was okay, since it was music for our films and analog. What's your thoughts on this?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#19 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:54 am

Isn't it good to belong to the "Bad Lads", par for the course for me. Regarding Film Music Albums, well why not, music in film is very important, imagine "Sound of Music" without songs..........better! Seriously though, music & image can be a very powerful thing, like in
the Italian westerns, La Resa dei Conti, or settling of accounts, such as "Good, Bad & Ugly" or "Once Upon A time in the West" etc.
Also WELCOME to our new members, and hopefully many more.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:04 am | Top

#20 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:09 am

Hmmmm not too sure about ALL these LP covers.
Without being a stick in the mud, if I'm honest, I don't really see the relevance of them here on a film forum. Yes I get the association, but it isn't as though we can use these LP covers for anything related to the hobby in the way we obviously could if these were all copies of the actual film covers from the major distributors.

I wouldn't want the site to be mocked for some spurious sections popping up on here, but of course, if people can see a relevance and like them here...then what do I know?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 am | Top

#21 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 pm

David asked me at the same time; I didn't see why not, as it's all connected with film, and we are sticking to analogue recordings and not digital re-issues; also I can see Andrew's point. I find it quite interesting; I never knew the different Bond movies attracted an album of their own.

Robert Crewdson

#22 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:20 pm

You could say the same about movie posters, but I think it is interesting.

Robert Crewdson

#23 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes fair enough then Gents, as said, what do I know?
LP Covers it is then!

Andrew Woodcock

#24 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:53 pm

I see your point Andrew; LP covers have no benefit unlike box art which can be used. It's just something connected to the golden age of the cinema. I find film posters on the internet very useful for decorating my plain 16mm boxes.

Andrew I thought I would post these as you haven't seen them, it shows my decorated 16mm box, and my copy of the unmentionable.

Robert Crewdson
Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm | Top

#25 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi Robert,
I too like using movie poster artwork to create box top art for my plain white reel boxes.Here's an example I made for my Super-8 film "Checkpoint":

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Phil Sheard email

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor