RE: Welcome to new members.

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 pm

They look fantastic Robert and Douglas! Well done and thanks for showing them.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:44 pm | Top

#27 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks Andrew; that looks great Douglas. Makes it more complete. Andrew, regarding what you know, I think it's more than most of us regarding cine, certainly more than me. Everything is open to discussion, the only rule is we don't promote digital.

Robert Crewdson

#28 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 am

I popped over to the other forum to see what was happening , and if we were still being mentioned. Couldn't understand the comments from Mike Newell about the Famous Five, unless he thinks we are playing at forums. It shows that despite their comments they are interested enough to visit us and see what we are doing. The forum is gradually going from strength to strength; and many thanks to Andrew Woodcock for all his efforts in bringing in new members.

Robert Crewdson

#29 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 am

Also welcome Mr. Woodcock as admin :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#30 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 am

Congrats Andrew, I think the forum will go on to greater things now you have joined us as Admin.

Robert Crewdson

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:42 am

As said many many times,I cannot thank Doug's forum enough for the many contacts and superb assistance I have gained over the years from it.

Without it, after all, I wouldn't know hardly anyone here. So I personally will never refer to film tech as anything but THE number one forum for film lovers.
Through all of our efforts and of course the moderators, it has THE most members any forum could ever expect to have in this day age.

Just like in the next five minutes, I will ALWAYS be visiting it on a daily basis however given my role as admin on here now, plus given the fact we can all post wonderful full sized photographs on here while ever we keep this forum alive.... I suspect for all the longer posts and more detailed references to all things cine.... this is probably where things will be posted from here on in.

I received many a shower of criticism on the other forum anyhow for such ramblings, so hopefully detailed accounts of how parts on machines work etc will be hopefully appreciated more here in the future.

I thank both Vidar and Robert for their extremely kind invitation to join the admin team here, and it's a role I will try my very best to use both responsibly and respectfully to all our wonderful members here.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:46 am | Top

#32 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:59 am

I also met most of the people I now consider friends on the 8mm forum and I probably would keep posting there if the feeling of being a total ass, which I felt, due to the nasty comments. I am still at the same point, can not get why I get the nasty comments for wanting a film forum to be about discussing film. Where's the logic in that?

I wish all forums stay strong, though it look bad for Small Format. Not much going on there sadly

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#33 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:21 pm

It will probably be always the number 1 forum, but there's no reason other's can't start one. It's not the exclusiveness of one person. I found it very interesting in the beginning, but as time went by, I felt like Tim, that I was being ignored; when you leave they express regret. I still look in occasionally, but will never post again. Surprised they didn't like your ramblings Andrew, as you were providing a service. I met Hugh through that forum, and as anyone knows he is a great friend; plus his invaluable knowledge.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Phil Sheard email

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor