Into the Blue (1950)

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 am

This is a British comedy directed by Herbert Wilcox. A couple (Jack Hulbert & Constance Cummings) hire a yacht to take them to Oslo, Norway, but after leaving England discover they have a stowaway (Michael Wilding), who is on the run from the police. He was asked to take two suitcases to Monte Carlo, and on examination at the airport they contained stolen watches, so he grabbed the cases and ran. All attempts by the couple to remove him from the yacht fail, and they end up going to Rouen, Paris, and finally Monte Carlo. In the meantime, romance has blossomed between Michael Wilding and the young niece of the skipper. They decide they want to get married, but first Michael Wilding decides to confront the smugglers, then turn himself into the police. Unknown to him, the police have been tailing him ever since he left England, and follow him to the hotel, where they overhear the conversation between himself and the head of the smugglers, whom they have been trying to nail for years. The smugglers get a prison sentence, while Michael Wilding receives a caution, and he is free to catch up with the yacht, now making its way back to England.

This movie was filmed on location in Newhaven, Sussex, Paris, and Monte Carlo. It's a film suitable for all the family. The last two screen shots were taken from an earlier screening. The actual print is very sharp with clear sound.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Robert Crewdson
Last edited Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:36 am | Top

RE: Into the Blue (1950)

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:18 am

Forgot to attach the pictures? ;-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 am

The computer keeps freezing, everytime I get to a few pictures it stops.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 am

Will do a few at a time.

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Clyde Miles , Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:05 pm

looks like a really nice print robert.

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Just tired of getting poor screenshots. It's a great print Clyde, and I didn't have to keep adjusting the volume like you do in some films when music plays. One of the reasons I bought it was because it's an English film, and so many of our films remain unseen.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:17 pm

It looks like a fun film Robert.I really enjoy British cinema and hope to add more to my collection in both Super-8 and 16MM.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Douglas Warren

#8 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Robert, you should be doing 16mm reviews (hint, hint). Your screenshots and writings deserve to be in that section (hint, hint).

I really like...no love...some British films. Especially the horror films of the early 70's that would consist of numerous separate tales that all centered around a main story. "The House that Dripped Blood"', "Tales from the Crypt" and "Asylum" are three of my faves. They were all rated PG in the U.S., but I never had to worry about my younger siblings seeing anything inappropriate in them. Additionally, I love the British accent. To my ears, it has a sound of sophistication.

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:53 pm | Top

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm

On the subject of screenshots, I have a digital camera, I read the pamphlet that came with it, a Panasonic Lumix TZ55, I could never
replicate the same shots twice, I have had to buy an in depth instruction book off ebay that runs to 187 pages, I might stand a chance
now. Roberts pics are always nicely done, as is Vidar's, I now place a piece of black tape over flash area to eliminate the "red eye" carry on. I have to admit that I am not a fan of digital "photography", much preferring film, why the boffins can't just put a column down the side of the screen with a tick box for what we want the camera to do eludes me, instead of pictograms, like we were five years old.
I remember Robert saying he does his pics in daylight, which to my mind they look great.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:37 pm

The last two screen shots were done in low light, but the disappointing ones have been done in the dark. Digital photography is much easier Hugh. With the old roll films you needed more skill. I used to do a lot of darkroom work, and enjoyed it. Film is still selling well for still cameras.

Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Man in the Iron Mask

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor