Unused projectors.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:11 pm

How many of you have projectors in your collection that is unused due to it not working because of lack of spare parts ?
Or do they simply need a lamp or belt that is still available but you are too "stingy" or miserly to buy a new one. ?

David Hardy

RE: Unused projectors.

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Got a bunch of unused projectors. Some have parts missing, not something my ten thumbs can manage. But not want to throw them either

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

I have a Bell & Howell 601 that is not being used because I have my more modern autothreaders, with better sound. Still want to keep it though.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Now this is something I AM particular about. I still have 5 of the 10 machines I have bought or been given in the last year. The B&H Filmosonic was donated last month. The other four were stripped for usable parts and discarded. The good bulbs alone from some of the discarded ones were worth the price of the machines (except for one, which was a total junker). if a machine is not working and can't be repaired for whatever reason, I don't want to even look at it or have it taking up precious space. My remaining five machines all look good to me and are functioning as they SHOULD. Should one ever need repair, I would put in the effort to repair it of course, but once the motor is gone, that's a machine ready for burial.

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:29 pm | Top

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 pm

How about giving them on? If no one want them, you can toss it. Might be someone needs, legs or covers or whatnot

I have several that id junk, but might be parts someone needs

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#6 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Believe me, if they were worth salvaging, I would have passed them along. Two of them were bought on eBay (complete junkers from the start) and not worth the hassle to return. They weren't high end machines either. Another one was a duplicate of one I already have, so I kept some parts off of it for my other one.

Timothy Duncan

#7 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:47 pm

I own two purely Standard 8 machines (A Kodak Brownie and a Keystone 980Z) which rarely see usage.The Kodak is kept for nostalgia as it's identical to the one my late Father owned.I currently own just one sound Super-8 machine (Copal CP-S402.) I have two dual 8 machines (both Bell & Howell) with the newer model getting the most use. As I drift further into the realm of 16 mm,my 8 mm machines will most likely see less use.I recently sold my Sankyo 600 Super-8 Sound projector and will probably thin out the herd as more time passes.

Douglas Warren

#8 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Which model is the Brownie Doug? Mine is a series I (the very first one made).

Timothy Duncan

#9 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Tim,
I believe mine is a 300 model but will need to check it again to verify that.

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Red and fading prints.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor