RE: How often do you watch film?

#26 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi Douglas, I don't know a lot about 16mm projectors, but I believe Kodak Pageant has a very good reputation. You have a good trailer to begin with. David Copperfield is a classic, I only have it on VHS; seen this on TV a few times since I was a kid. Basil Rathbone as the nasty Mr. Murdstone, W.C Fields as Micawber, and that great scene where he takes on Roland Young (Uriah Heep), who has been stealing from his employer. You will have a fantastic evenings viewing. I have been inside the original house that Dickens used for Betsy Trotwood, in Broadstairs, Kent, it is now a Dickens Museum.

Robert Crewdson

#27 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:47 am

Hi Robert,
I purchased the projector for $50 (USD.) Tonight I was finally got the time to sit down and do some work on it. I cleaned the lens and the sound head. The volume and tone controls were cleaned with some electronic cleaner which helped as well.I gave it a good dusting with a can of compressed air. It's an older machine,produced originally in 1957 until when,I'm not sure. Mine has a bit of wear on it but overall is in good condition. I am a film hobbyist on a very modest budget, so if this projector works out,I'll be very pleased. I'll post some photos of it very soon.

Douglas Warren

#28 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:44 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

There is a little bit of info here, Douglas: Werbung: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Kodak-Pageants-1...04557851/g.html

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Robert Crewdson

#29 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Thanks for this link Robert, as I may someday get one of these machines myself!

Timothy Duncan

#30 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Robert,
Thank you for the helpful link.It's much appreciated and full of good information. Tim,I think you would really enjoy this line of Kodak machines.

Douglas Warren

#31 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Doug,
I am anxious to see what kind of obscure prints that you will be acquiring. You may be watching film even more now!

Timothy Duncan

#32 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Tim,
I suspect I'll be picking up many more films! The 16 MM listings on eBay are immense and depending upon what you're looking for,can take awhile to go through.Plus I'll be checking out other non-eBay sources as well.I like documentaries among many other subjects and there's tons of those types available.

Douglas Warren
Last edited Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:30 pm | Top

#33 by Oemer Yalinkilic , Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:26 pm

I watch film most in the living room, but it´s not possible to shade the room, so I watch more in the winter time.
Or I screen film in my daughters room, there is a jalousie but the sceen size is in this room small.
I watch Film once in a month or sometimes more seldom. Mostly if I have to check a print, which I want sell, or I received a new print.
I have lot of prints in my collection I run them only once.
They are also few prints, I didn´t watched yet.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Oemer Yalinkilic  
Oemer Yalinkilic
Date registered 08.17.2015
ThankYou 4

#34 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 am

I remember Oemer, on a different forum, you telling a tale of how members of the family were not that concerned, but
your little Daughter wished to share a time with her Dad watching her favourite film "Cinderella", if I'm wrong, but a lovely
tale of a child wanting to watch a film with her father, I think I was the only one that commented. You are one of the few
that can truly say, my child watched this film on FILM with her Dad, at Christmas, very well done that man...... Oemer.

Oemer Yalinkilic likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#35 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 am

I hope to do the very same thing myself, this time around, with my Grandchildren one day Hugh & Oemer .

Trouble is, in this day and age, our kids don't want to leave the nest until they are almost 40! My God, I do hope I live long enough!!

Andrew Woodcock

#36 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

Andrew, God willing you'll be there when we're all a memory, I'm a sucker for kids and films, our friend left a bunch of little girls, her daughters, in my charge, cue cartoons, on an 8' screen in an un modernised Church Hall, I managed with crisps and sweeties to keep
them amused, kept my very short temper, the eldest girl said to her mum, "Uncle Hughie was lovely", with a lot of help from Bugs N' Foggy, I'm just glad I haven't the responsibility of children, totally selfish in me......

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:39 am | Top

#37 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 am

Wow! Since I last wrote on this thread, I'm down to watching film once a month! I haven't stopped buying, just setting up and viewing!

Timothy Duncan

#38 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:30 am

I've got it down to once or twice a day now, when I am off.

Andrew Woodcock

#39 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:44 am

For me, it usually depends how many times i'm watching a movie in an unmentionable format. Usually, I like to put on some super 8 trailers ,Ads or a documentary before the main feature.
So, real film goes on 2 to 3 times a week but mostly in a supporting nature

Jonathan Trevithick
Last edited Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:45 am | Top

#40 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:40 am

Well Jonathan, you're at least incorporating it into your week. I'd love to watch some of my latest acquisitions when I get the chance! I bought a reel last night and placed a bid on one today. When will the insanity end??!!

Timothy Duncan

#41 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:52 am

Tim,
It never ends until that day comes when the men in the white van pull up and take us away.But we can at least enjoy our collection until that happens!

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Vidar vs Woodenator!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor