New Topics

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 am

There has been some really great and excellent " New Topics " being posted here lately . However sadly its seems to be the same dedicated members who are doing so. Others seem content to keep posting into the Pictures Galleries.
So come on guys don't just sit in the wings watching others. Say something. I am sure you can with a bit of thought and effort. We are a FORUM after all. Thanks to ALL who have so far opened up some interesting and informative topics.

David Hardy

RE: New Topics

#2 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:58 am

Yes Dave,
I too would like to see more members getting involved. Especially in the film reviews area. We all own films so there should be more activity in that area. My collection is small and only consists of digests, so I am limited on how many times that I can post film reviews. I am gonna need some help in that area guys. Post reviews of your faves, that's what I'm doing right now.

I'd personally love to read a review of the 400' digest of "Westworld" from MGM as I'd love to own that digest one day.

Timothy Duncan

#3 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Just thought of two more I would like to see reviews on (both 400' digests):
"Duel" (1971) from Universal 8 and "The Seven-Ups" (1973) from Ken Films.

Timothy Duncan

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Timothy
Yes it would be a shame if its only the same few members such as yourself are left to do all the hard work and effort in creating New Topics
while others sit back and merely spectate and mouse click in the Pictures Gallery only. Not fair really as we are a FORUM. I am most grateful to those who have really been pro-active so far.

David Hardy

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Timothy, if you move up to 16mm , there is the complete feature of Westworld available from Classic Home Cinema in the UK.

Robert Crewdson

#6 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Please don't tempt me Robert (LOL)! But you never know what the future holds. A year ago, I thought it would be out of reach for me to move into sound films.

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:48 pm | Top

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Timothy, there has never been a better time to get into 16mm than now; when I first began it was way beyond my means, now the prices are often less than for Super 8. Some films do turn up again, but a lot of the time I have only seen the one print, so once it's gone, it's gone.

Mats Abelli likes this
Robert Crewdson

#8 by Mats Abelli , Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:00 pm

I started with standard 8, silent. Then Standard and Super8 sound. Followed by 16mm and now 35mm ( Plus 2 9,5 mm prints ). So beware, when you´re stuck, you´re stuck. Just the sound of a projector make me happy

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:18 pm

I was watching a film last night, it had a number of small scratches; speckles on screen, plus a few dark tramlines now and then. Did nothing to spoil my enjoyment at all, loved every minute of it.

Mats Abelli likes this
Robert Crewdson

#10 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:08 pm

I think the dealers should charge us extra money if the print is scratched or dirty. As its more "authentic".
Seriously though scratching and speckles don't bother me to much unless : (a) Its a green/black tramline scratch right in the middle of the frame.
(b) Its so badly scratched it looks like the cats claws have been at the print.

Mats Abelli likes this
David Hardy

#11 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:21 pm

All of this chat about 16 mm is really tempting me as well. I would of course hold on to my beloved 8 mm prints,but with so much available in 16 mm,the temptation is great.

Douglas Warren

#12 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Go for 16mm Douglas you wont regret it. Honest !

David Hardy

#13 by Mats Abelli , Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Go for it. There´s a lot og great films, not available in Super8, to be found on 16mm. I collect all formats

Mats Abelli
ThankYou 112

#14 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:34 pm

I would say go for it as well; 16mm is full of surprises, you never know what is going to turn up; and a good chance you can get that film that you always hoped someone would bring out in Super 8. I still have all my Super 8s Douglas.

Robert Crewdson

#15 by Mats Abelli , Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:39 pm

I still have my first film in the collection. My Old No. One is a 50ft, B/W, silent print of Goofy´s How to play Golf. That´s how it all begun for my over 50 years ago

Mats Abelli
ThankYou 112

#16 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:04 am

Thank you everyone for your encouragement regarding taking a step (or possibly a leap) into 16mm. I'm working towards that now and will have more news once it's there to print

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Star Ratings Chasers.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor