A lovely welcome!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:35 pm

I have just received a lovely warm welcome from Vidar to his brand new forum for film lovers throughout, today. So first I would just like say a big thank you to Vidar for his very kind invitation and wish him every success with this new venture.

Secondly, I'd just like to say how brilliant it was to discover people like Hugh are here who sadly haven't been visiting the other forum in the past couple of years.

It is essential to have people like Hugh with his expertise in the hobby on places like this.

I am certain this forum will unite all of us like minded film mad fanatics!:))

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Oemer Yalinkilic
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:36 pm | Top

RE: A lovely welcome!

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:44 pm

You are most welcome and hope to see you in all forums

We are getting to know each other and I consider you all friends

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Dear Andrew, many thanks for those very kind words, I doubt I can live up to these expectations, but it is certainly lovely to have your goodself on board. Vidars Friendly Forum builds by the day, long may it continue.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:05 pm

A warm welcome Andrew, it's good to have someone with your knowledge here. Although I pulled out of the other Forum, I did read the comments, and thank you for your support of Vidar and myself. Been going just under two weeks, and I think we are doing really well.

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:24 pm

I'll second that, I used to read Andrew's advice on projector repair and was well impressed, just the man to have in your canon of
Film Technicians.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by Mats Abelli , Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:41 pm

I´d like to welcome all reel film lover to this forum. The forum is brand new, but we already have a lot of active members. Looks like we are on the right track. Reels rules

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:56 pm

It was nice to see Andrew support our friends Vidar & Robert in their time of need, indeed he has proved the adage, "a friend in need is a friend in deed".

Mats Abelli likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Very kind words Hugh, thank you for that.

Here's hoping many others join the forum to keep real film alive for as long as possible!
I am very happy and extremely indebted to "the other" forum I post on regularly and never felt the need to join any other.
That is still the case, however I always looked upon Vidar as a friend on there, so wherever he posts, I would always like to be part of it. Also, as said already on another forum, Hugh and his wonderful posts was one of the reasons I joined a forum in the first place, so seeing him on here only cemented matters for me.
Roberts posts were equally always welcomed and his vast knowledge and experience always provided us all with superb posts. So great also to be on a forum where he is.

I could name many many others who's knowledge of film and film equipment would be completely invaluable here so i am just hoping one or two join soon. Not as an alternative to any other forum, but simply to complement all our mutual interest in this crazy hobby we all adore!

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Vidar Olavesen
Andrew Woodcock

#9 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:39 pm

I do not want people to leave other forums either, so I agree totally. Hugh was also one I looked up to and STILL not sure what got him kicked off. I never saw anything wrong in his posts. To bad the atmosphere got so ugly, but hope it all calms down. Being friends is better than arguing. Cross my fingers we will be friends for a long time and that we get even more friends too

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 pm

I am chuffed that Andrew is on here, I view his expertise on projectors as brilliant. As for me on other forums, that was totally down to me, I am a people person, I get involved in my own stupid country trying to solve world affairs, that skill dissolved with Blair,hate oppression of common folk anywhere, and love animals, I gave my word to my friend Vidar that I will refrain from politics. Anyway, I look forward to other folk joining on here, ALL ARE WELCOME, film only though.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:55 pm | Top

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:10 am

I was just thinking of all my friends with feathered friends names , in my Home town of Whitehaven, on our Avenue I had as neighbours
the Nightingales next door, a couple of doors up the Quayles, the Birds down the road Mr Martin that had a pub and now Andrew Woodcock, I should open an aviary, going by visitors in our grounds, it wouldn't be a bad idea, but the Andrew Woodcock is a visitor no
one should be without, a fine feathered friend who is very welcome.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Many thanks for those kind words; I don't think I have the knowledge of either yourself Andrew, Hugh, or David; but I have been in to the hobby a long time. I didn't get my first projector until 1973, but I did buy my first film back in 1967. I only had a hand held viewer that took loops of film. I still have one 'The Trooping of the Colour' by Peak films. I think they were all printed on Kodachrome, so the colour is still there. I went to a local camera shop and bought a 50ft film of 'The Chimps Tea Party' at London Zoo, made by Arrow Films. As my viewer was only meant for loops, I used to end up with 50ft of film on the floor having to be rewound; eventually I sold that to a secondhand shop and put the money towards buying a book.

Robert Crewdson

#13 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:16 pm

Welcome Andrew as you will of course see many familiar names and faces here!

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Metal reels vs Plastic.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor