How to ...

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:02 pm

A quick note ... I will try to move wrongfully placed pictures to the proper catalogues. I hope no one minds that too much. If you miss a picture you uploaded, ask and I'll try to point to the place I put it
Will also regularly sort the Picture Gallery and please do not use weird symbols in the album names, seems to create problems. This is one ' (Do not use)

Upload a picture in Picture Gallery

Example : You want to upload your own equipment pictures to share with all.
First go into the Picture Gallery (link on the menu line)
Then find the appropriate album, in this case My Film Equipment and click on that to enter it. You shoul see others albums here, but do not click on those. Find the link at the bottom that says Create new album here and click it. You should then get a box with Category name, where you write for example "Your name - My equipment" or just your name is also fine. Description (feel free to leave it blank or tell us something about your equipment here here) and if you want a picture of your room or something, add that by choosing browse on the album cover. Also optional and this is not the picture that will be in the album, just a cover photo. Now click Save new category
Thirdly you will then automatically be inside your album. Here you will see a link Upload pictures now. Click it and you get a box with Pictures 1-5 and press browse on the Picture 1, find your picture on your computer (can't help you there) and you can add multiple pictures. Let's say you have a folder on your computer that is called Upload and you saved 5 pictures in that folder. You then browse to that folder and mark those pictures you want to upload and click Open or whatever the version of Operating System you have says. Click Upload pictures and you are done.

Upload a picture in Picture Gallery that already has the album

Example : You have a cover of Coma and want to share it.
Go to Picture Gallery, find the Covers album, then find the MGM album. Under there you see Coma already. Just click on it and enter it, then choose Upload new pictures and those will be added to the album. It's okay with more than one cover, but if you see one that is the same and just as good when you click on it (show fullscreen, where you also can download it), it's not necessary to upload. If the ones exsisting is small, we love better scans

Upload a picture in your post in the forum

There is two ways of this (at least that I know)

Let's say you want to show others what you saw last on 16mm
1. Go to forum thread that says What did you see last on 16mm
2. Click New Topic at the top
3. Type in your subject for example "Tarzan's Hidden Jungle" and write a little bit in the text box. When you want to insert a picture into the text, you should find under the text box a link Attach file. Press this
4. Browse again to find the screenshot of your film viewing and click Open (this could be different on OS to OS)
5. Nothing has happened yet, now you need to click the Upload link.
6. The Uploaded files list is then listed. If you have selected many pictures, you can click Submit now and all files are attached under your post and your done. If you want to put the pictures in different places in your post, go to the position you want the picture (in the text box) and press Insert on the picture you want to put into the text.
7. You get the embed image box up ... Here if you just press Insert image, the default is auto size. If you want to set your own size, click on Auto and choose Custom or Fullsize. Fullsize means it is show as big as your image is originally and Custom means you can set 200x200 or 300x300 or whatever combinations you want. If the two are same it will keep aspect ration (recommended). A 100x500 would mean a distorted picture. You can try this as much as you like. It's changeable in text box later.
8. If you have more pictures to insert, just do this until all pictures are there.
9. You are done, but to edit the size, you see a text [[File:tarzan1.jpg|none|300px|300px]] for example and here you can change the 300px to 400px for example if you want a slightly bigger picture

Upload an avatar

To upload an avatar, the best is if you have a 300x300 pixel picture, but if it's not too big, you are allowed to crop it in the avatar upload part.
1. Go to Options
2. Click Change profile/password
3. Scrol down to Avatar and choose Browse button
4. Select your picture from your computer
5. You should get a box, if your picture is bigger saying Do you want to select a part of your image? Click OK
6. You can manipulate the size of the crop area here and click Save underneath the crop area to save your avatar

Use the Chat function

This is a nice feature, in my opinion ... You can click on the Reel-Chat way down the right corner. You will then get the chat room. If you want to privately talk to some, they must be online. Click on the name of the person you want a private chat with, then click Start private chat. That's it :-)

Feel free to let me know if it's unclear or I've written it poorly, hopefully we can get a nice tutorial going together

Thank you

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Last edited 08.12.2015 | Top

RE: How to ...

#2 by Deleted User , Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi Vidar,
Think there's a problem I can't seem to load photos in the Covers Folder.
goes through all the stages uploading
then nothing.

Could be too full of photos.

Regards
Tony

Tony Laing

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm

It should never be too full ... We bought unlimited space

Which album are you trying to upload to? I will try to add a few pictures that I delete after. As I am not sure if there's a limit inside a folder how much you can add (old DOS had some 60 or 90 max files in a folder), but that's so ancient that I think it's not the problem

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#4 by Deleted User , Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Vidar,
Covers for film boxes

Tony

Tony Laing

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:47 pm

I think it's the problem when creating albums (NEVER use the ' symbol in the names) Like Planet of the Apes '68 should be written Planet of the apes 1968 instead

Thanks, we are all learning :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm

If you have time, upload an avatar ... I just tried to make a small tutorial in the first post (I will put all tutorials there) ... Easiest is to have an avatar (a picture of yourself) in 300x300 pixels. There's a function to crop from a larger picture

Nice to know how you all look, but this is no requirement for staying on here of course :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Now you can register and log in with facebook

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 3
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor