Your latest buys

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 pm

My last item was the Blackhawk 400' print of School's Out. Think it was about 30 dollars

Attached pictures:
LittleRascalsSchoolsOut172920_b.jpg   LittleRascalsSchoolsOut172920_f.jpg  

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Last edited 08.07.2015 | Top

RE: Your latest buys

#2 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Vidar, that is a great addition to a collection. I've seen the film (in another format) many, many times. This title fell into the public domain at some point. I do not have any Our Gang/Little Rascals titles, but would like to add some to the collection one day.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Timothy Duncan

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:48 pm

It wasn't as funny as one of my favorite Little Rascals ... The Kid From Borneo. Spanky is just so charming. The Lucky Corner was also a nice and funny film

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Latest additions to the vaults were, "LADY FRANKENSTEIN" 3x400 Italian sound average colour, "FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN", 4X600 Italian sound, average colour and the IE documentary 200' on KARATE from Bd Cine, still in shrink wrap, excellent colour for £11.00 plus post.
I remember when "FLESH" was transmitted in 3D over here a few years ago and the effect was staggering.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:43 am

One of my latest buys was a complete 16mm print of the original KING KONG. It was one of my holy grail films and has taken me
decades to get a print. I still have a Super 8mm print too.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
David Hardy

#6 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:21 am

David,
You are very fortunate to have found that print! "King Kong" (1933) has got to be awesome to see projected on the big screen!

My latest acquisition is the 400' Marketing Film print of "Saturday Night Fever" (1977). The sound could be a lot better but the color is still fine. I think some people have mistakenly listed this particular film as having 'gone red' when talking about super 8 prints, when in fact, the scenes inside the discotheque are supposed to appear red because of the interior lighting. I paid $22.95 at a buy-it-now price for mine recently. It already had 2 watchers so I snagged it up (being the 70's fan that I am)!

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:36 am | Top

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Timothy my 200 foot print of Saturday Night Fever is okay colour too. I was lucky to buy it new and sealed along with other Marketing prints for
£ 2.00 each from a charity shop many years ago.
Yes King Kong does look awesome on the big screen. After all its how its meant to be seen and not on TV.
Dave

David Hardy

#8 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Vidar I like the Our Gang / Little Rascals films too. I have them on Blackhawk prints 8mm though.

David Hardy

#9 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Don't have it in my hands yet...as a matter of fact, I just now hit the 'Buy-It-Now' button! A Blackhawk 200'/sound/super 8 copy of "Polly Tix in Washington" (1933). It's a one reeler starring Shirley Temple. It was only U.S. $4.50 and already had 2 watchers, so I scrambled to find my bank card (accompanied by a frantic search for my wallet), and paid for it right away!

Timothy Duncan

#10 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Got the 200' silent of that Shirley Temple for free a few weeks ago myself ... Sound would probably help :-) ... It's originally 11 minutes long only. Wouldn't fit on a 200', would it?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#11 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Vidar, I don't know if the complete film would fit on a 200' reel or not, but the listing stated that the reel was 5" across. It would be nice if it was complete. I'll have to compare it with what has been uploaded to YouTube.

Timothy Duncan

#12 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Should be quite full I think :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:30 am

I relived my childhood recently by finally obtaining a film I thought I could never find in anything like the unfaded perfect way I viewed it as an 11yr old child in 77.

The film I caught up with was Disney's Greatest Chases. It was the very first Super 8mm sound film I ever saw that Christmas on my brand new Agfa Sonnector LS.
I have been looking ever since I returned to the hobby some three or four years ago now for a copy that even resembles what I once had all those years ago.
After two years or so I had completely given up on any chance of ever finding anything other than red or totally scratched part fading prints of this one.

Anyhow just recently c/w screenshots... there it was!! Mine for the starting fee, so I got it.

Just brilliant!! A little blue cast but then so was my brand new print all those years ago, but otherwise just perfect. I was in my element reliving that feeling all those years ago and found myself reciting the soundtrack word for word!! Just brilliant.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and David Ollerearnshaw
Andrew Woodcock

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:40 am

I sold a print years ago Andrew, it was marked by running lines, but bought secondhand anyway, the colour was nice, sold for a fiver I think, but I
had a massive cleanout at the time, for floor joists.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#15 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:51 am

The latest buy this week was "The Curse of The Fly", a supposed follow on from the "Fly " films from Fox, but set in England with a British
cast, apart from Brian Donlevy. a tight little film of about 8 minutes, which I found very enjoyable, narrated of course, but not too much, print is good as was sound, though a bit too much treble, which if you've the controls can be cut. A nice addition to the horror collection. Highly recommended.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Paul Browning
Hugh Thompson Scott

#16 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:57 am

Congrats Andrew on your find! It's always nice to reconnect with/relive your fondest childhood memories.
Congrats Hugh on your recent buy too! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in enjoying a 200' reel.

Timothy Duncan

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Thanks Timothy!

I also managed to find a better version of another favourite of mine.."Calamity Jane" Derann feature. I am now on my 3rd print of this film for one reason or another so with a very slight bit of cutting and splicing at the beginning, I am now a proud owner of an almost mint print of this title again!
I can never resist a decent musical and this is one of those classics that to me, is just so repeatable. I could watch "My Secret Love" from now to eternity. Twas also one of my late fathers favourite songs also so fond memories indeed with this film.

Andrew Woodcock

#18 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Not a musical lover myself. Not seen Calamity Jane. My latest is the two parts of The World in Flames, thanks to Barry for those. Arrived today

Now I can start watching them (wanted a complete series first)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Its a very funny and thoroughly entertaining film Vidar whether you enjoy musicals or not. You should give it a go sometime. Its also a really good Derann print on both LPP or Agfa stock.

Andrew Woodcock

#20 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Well, paying 200 pounds for something you are not sure you like is too much of a gamble for me. But if someone shows it, I'll give it a chance. I tolerate Grease, that's a musical. So one never know

:-) A bit away from my genres, horror, sci-fi, adventure films.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#21 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Yes quite right Vidar. Should you wish to view it ever Vidar, just let me know, I could send you one of the ones I have with wear for very little money just so you could watch it and hopefully enjoy it!

These type of films are of classic movies so you have to take into account the era they were produced in to enjoy them for what the are.

Just good ole innocent fun and escapism for me of long bye gone era.

I love Horror/ action adventure also but as those who also know me well, I love and truly appreciate Sir Walt's masterpieces also. I view them as works of art, especially the pre CG hand crafted ones!

Just waiting for the Grandkids to come along nowadays to find a new appreciative audience.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:09 pm | Top

#22 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:22 pm

If it's not too expensive and you got a spare, I'd love to try it out. I have a few prints I am going to buy, so not sure if I can right now.

Appreciate the offer, very kind of you

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#23 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Vidar I'd just send you print if you think you could and would watch it with wear. We don't have to worry about money here, we are all friends!

Andrew Woodcock

#24 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 pm

I am in awe of some film collectors. If I like it, we can agree on a price perhaps?

You already been very kind with the 1200' boxes. Thank you

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Last edited 08.22.2015 | Top

#25 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 pm

The Great Escape 50ft trailer, not scope.

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cool old projector

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor