RE: Your latest buys

#76 by David Ollerearnshaw , Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Last on super 8 a couple of Gaumount British news reels, and the Blackhawk print of Busy Bodies. I have the Walton version so will compare them. Also got a few film posters for the wall, when it gets finished.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#77 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:14 pm

At a film meeting today, Film messen, I picked up some 400's. The Omen, The Omen II, Logans Run, The Midnight Express and one I have wanted, Silent Running. Also a bag from a friend with loads of 200's and 50's mix

Eivind Mork likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#78 by John Armer ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:42 pm

I received the 400ft Derann release of the Titfield Thunderbolt from Phil at Classic earlier in the week. I picked up a copy of this at the BFCC earlier in April but it was on Kodak SP and had gone rather sepia. It also had the original artwork pasted onto a plastic box showing the cartoon train.

The one I got this week was in a generic Derann box with the name of the film on the side. It made me wonder whether it was a later release. So I took the film out of the box and had a look, and lo and behold it's on LPP. I've had a quick look and the colours are all there - it looks a very clean, not projected very often print. Barry Attwood told me that he'd once seen one of the 4 x 400ft release on LPP so they are out there.

I'll be watching it tonight before True Lies (sorry, but I have been selling my older faded prints on ebay and have been saving up for it).

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Tom Photiou
John Armer

#79 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Dang Vidar! You hit the jackpot didn't you? Some very sought out digests indeed! Congratulations!

Timothy Duncan

#80 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:47 pm

I had a bit of help from a good friend in America and managed to obtain a beautiful print of the Universal horror "The Mummy's Hand",
which I was very glad to add to the Mummy collection, although the rest are S/8, this being 16mm, its fitting, it was the start of the
Kharis series, many thanks Douglas, couldn't have done it without you. Also took in "The Human Monster" AKA "Dark Eyes of London" 16mm, with Bela Lugosi and the Norwegian beauty Greta Gynt, a very brutal film concerning drowning people in tanks etc , insurance swindles and duping of the blind. Bela has never been more terrifying. I used to have the 400' from Niles and the 4x400' feature, but this eclipses both for print & clear sound. Two creaky old classics that still pack a punch today.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#81 by Tom Photiou , Sun May 01, 2016 10:18 am

Good shout Hugh, I have yet to get hold of a good hammer horror that I fancy, I always liked the original Dracula but this one ,(quite rightly) fetched real high dosh these days so I'd prefer to spend that sort of cash of one of the more modern films I'm after.

I am just awaiting a couple of diddy films from CHC, Movietone news Academy Awards special, a rare Pathe pic with the Dam Busters movie opening and a couple of trailers, Sleepy Hollow and an odd reel with The king & I and Who Dares Wins, I 've actually bought it purely for who dares wins.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#82 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 01, 2016 11:18 am

Well done there Tom, some great films and trailer reels heading your way there once again!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 01, 2016 11:19 am | Top

#83 by Eivind Mork , Tue May 03, 2016 10:05 pm

These two arrived in the mail today. Three for breakfast is not in its original box as this is a color sound movie. Looking at it with my bare eyes the color looks great!

Clock cleaners is one of my favorites. I have it shortened down on the "Mickey and his Pals" on 400' with four other shortened episodes. Finally I have it separately. The colors seems to be not as good as the other as it is a bit more red, but still quite nice.

My projector is at my cabin, and as I have days off on both Thursday and Friday we go to the cabin tomorrow. Can't wait to watch them. They arrive with a good timing as it is my son's birthday tomorrow. We will watch them with loads of popcorn (sorry Hugh for the snack choice ;-))

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Vidar Olavesen

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#84 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Clock Cleaners is brilliant. Is he swearing in it or not?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQ3GcqjxcU

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Last edited 05.03.2016 | Top

#85 by Eivind Mork , Wed May 04, 2016 9:10 am

haha. Never noticed this. I'll check when we watch it (probably tomorrow).

I love the full versions of old Disney's! Remember the reel with several full length Disney's, including the Mickey's Trailer, that was put together on a 600 that I bought from you, Vidar'? I have bought some empty reels now, and with the help of my new shiny rewinders I will cut them back to individual reels.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#86 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed May 04, 2016 9:14 am

I too split up mine. 50' is a lot of work for three minutes, but still like them individual

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#87 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 am

I hope you and your son have a fab day together Eivind on his Birthday!

Most of the compilation reels are heavily cut so where possible, which is in many cases, the originals offer the very best solution for offering these toons in full as individual offerings.

I've seen one or two individual offerings of "Plutos Christmas Tree" recently, but taken from the 400ft WDHM compilation film ..."A Walt Disney Christmas".
While still very entertaining, I can't help feeling the film would have been best left uncut as was originally released by WDHM as it is incomplete and is far shorter than the actual full short that was released by more than one company.

Just my own personal view on these, that's all.

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 am | Top

#88 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed May 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Should we move this topic to General Film Talk? As I seem to post my 16mm buys here too. My latest 16mm buy is one of my favorite films, Peggy Sue Got Married. A warm and humorous film, with slight sadness. Well acted, nice photo and some nice comments. One of Jim Carrey's earlier films too. Nicholas Cage from a time he was really good. Kathleen Turner looks really nice and I always loved Catherine Hicks. Posting pictures later, might see it today. Thank you David Guest

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#89 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 11, 2016 4:08 pm

It is a nice film Vidar, a gentler "Back to the Future" type of film, I'm sure its on TV over here this week. Dave has some great films
for sale, in fact if he could put up some titles he has for sale, I'm sure they'd fly.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#90 by David Ralph ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Psycho .......enough said!

David Ralph

#91 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 pm

great purchase David! The 200,400ft Super version on Super 8mm , or the full length Standard8mm version David?

Andrew Woodcock

#92 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed May 18, 2016 1:18 pm

A fine digest, but did you get the feature? Would be even better of course :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#93 by David Ralph ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Its the 400ft digest. Not viewed it yet but hoping its a good clean copy.

David Ralph

#94 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed May 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Only found this picture from my digest. I seem to remember it was quite decent

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#95 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 2:24 pm

It's a very good cut down David. I got one finally a year or so ago from Barry here. Not one you see come up too often these days, so well done again here David.

Andrew Woodcock

#96 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Just ordered up a couple of shorts,(still on the hunt for those elusive feature titles),
Managed to pick up the 400ft version of one eyed jacks,(would prefer the 3 x 400 but its quite rare in any length),
Also took a chance on Hitler s rise and fall.
Also scrooge 400ft edition.
All to keep me out of trouble

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#97 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Received the 3x400 "Wanted" from UFA, a film I already own in the Italian 4x200 from Fotocinedizioni, with better colour,
also the 2x400 "A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die" , another I have on 16mm and "Nacht Der Vampire", another 2x400, in my
collection as "Shadow of the Werewolf" from Walton, although there's was B/w.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed May 18, 2016 9:30 pm | Top

#98 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Hugh, you do find some great titles, how do you do it?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#99 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi Tom, I trawl basically all ebay sites, one that is foremost in my mind is Peter Pan for Andrew, and Virgin Witch for another member, Dave Skillern, it's surprising what turns up, now no doubt "One Eyed Jacks" for you. What if its foreign sound ?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed May 18, 2016 10:09 pm | Top

#100 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 18, 2016 10:09 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Call me stupid, i only ever log into ebay.co.uk, should i be using .com?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cool old projector

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor