RE: Your latest buys

#26 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 pm

About 200ft reels and 400ft too. Some so called reels in those sizes while 5" and 7" it was the inside diameter that made a big difference to the amount of film they would hold. I would say that some 5" reels held only 150ft and the 7" maybe 300ft.

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#27 by Panayotis A. Carayannis ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:17 pm

My latest buys those last months:Buster Keaton's Mexican feature EL MODERNO BARBA AZUL
Bruno Bozetto's feature cartoon WEST AND SODA
Gene Wilder and Donald Sutherland START THE REVOLUTION WITHOUT ME (Reddish and in Italian )

Panayotis A. Carayannis

#28 by Tom Photiou , Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm

The 400ft edition of Bundle of Joy in colour. Loads of copies in b/w but this colour version is superb, no fade and the colour is like a new film.
Also just sending off for parts 1 & 2 of the World in Flames series. This more or less completes what we want of it, just a few odd ones to look out for later. This gives us 17 parts with a good start for the beginning, we already have the fall of Germany and the Fall of Japan so with all the others it makes a great documentary with a beginning,middle and end.
Thanks to Vidar for the tips on parts 1&2

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#29 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Credit to Barry, it's him that announced them :-) Just pointed it out, in case you didn't see it :-)

Nice that you got more, why not check with Barry for the remaining parts?

I am happy to have them all now ... Barry saved me some searching there :-) Thank you

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#30 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:33 pm

On its way is "Django, Prepare A Coffin", 2x400 German sound, the soundtrack music was pillaged to make the pop single
"Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley a few years back, I'll bet he never mentioned Piero & Gianfranco Reverberi on the label.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Can't beat a bit of Cee lo Green Hugh! Not sure this was the place for him though ha ha.
Might be a bit of recording work needed for you here I guess Hugh.

Andrew Woodcock

#32 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 pm

No, I'll leave well alone Andrew, I am quite happy with the foreign track, the screams of bad guys being shot down with a belt fed
machine gun sound much the same in any lingo.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#33 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:36 am

My latest purchase is still yet to arrive. Coming all the way from Canada, I believe it has now hit UK soil. Just the dreaded wait now while it slowly moves through the UK arrival of international parcels and of course Customs! Arghhh.

Anyhow once it arrives I am hoping it is a very nice print of the 4x 600ft Derann/ Red Fox feature, Poltergeist.

I shall report back once it arrives and give you all my verdict on it. Fingers and all else crossed for now!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 am | Top

#34 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:18 am

Fingers crossed its okay Andrew, I sold a print a couple of years back on the forum, the colour was very nice as was sound, it was flat
but entertaining non-the -less.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#35 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Yes this one's a flat print too Hugh. I don't mind that at all though Hugh as I am really not too big a fan of scope prints or images as I feel the wider picture is to the absolute detriment of sharpness and brightness with my films.

I use a Kowa scope lens and Isco on the Beaulieu but still much prefer the image from the machines without.

Andrew Woodcock

#36 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:19 pm

I do like the widescreen versions though. My Jaws is widescreen flat and it's so much less hassle than scope. If I get the scope corretly, it do look okay though

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#37 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Not exactly buy, but trade :-) Got Rodan - The Flying Monster and Ghidrah - The Three-headed Monster on Regular 8, silent 200' in exchange for part 1 of Blitz on Britain 400'

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

Last edited 09.04.2015 | Top

#38 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Vidar,
I would imagine the standard 8 copies are harder to come by. Those are some great titles to have in a collection. Congratulations on your new additions!

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:58 pm | Top

#39 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Andrew proves time & again what a kind, generous chap he is, like other members such as Robert Crewdson, we are fortunate indeed
to have fellows like this in our midst, a great place to be, congrats on a great forum Vidar.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#40 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks, Hugh, but you should include yourself too :-) Amazing chap that you are. All members are valuable and a special thanks to all those posting, both in Picture Gallery and the forum itself.

Got my Citizen Kane today, so probably watch this on Wednesday, as my wife has her days off work on Monday and Tuesday. Looking forward to it, even if I know it's stripey

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#41 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Vidar, I actually posted in the wrong section, should have been "latest buy", but never mind, by the way, as you love "Thin Lizzy"
there was a documentary on one of the BBC channels, recorded it and will put it in mail.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#42 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Is it me, but I always favoured std 8mm copies to super 8 of the 200' silent Ken/ Castle releases, an aberration perhaps, but they always
seemed to be less prone to damage.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#43 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:07 pm

I received this in the mailbox yesterday. It's Ken Films 200' black and white/silent reel of "First Spaceship on Venus" (1960) in the standard 8 format. I'm anxious to thread this up and check it out, as I've never seen the feature. It includes preview attractions and I'm looking forward to seeing what those are. Visual inspection of the film indicates that it is still in good shape. It was won on eBay at the price of U.S. $2.99. It really doesn't take much to make me happy!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Timothy Duncan
Last edited Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:09 pm | Top

#44 by Paul Browning , Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Did not think this would come up for sale, T2, watched it on tv over the Christmas /new year and to have on super 8, I'm a very happy bunny, another one off the list. Will get
some screen shots up here when It arrives, so "I'L BE BACK" WITH SOME PICTURES.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#45 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Top find Paul once again! Very well done to you!

Vidar's earlier photographs there reminded me of a long distant memory when I had Ghidrah the three headed monster on Standard 8mm Black & White Silent many many years ago now. Ha ha ha.

Paul Browning sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 pm | Top

#46 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Received from a fellow collector a 200ft trailer reel that Derann released many years ago, 20th century fox trailer reel to Aliens & the fly, in its original box and looks brand new, superb colours with no fade.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#47 by Mats Abelli , Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Back from yesterdays collectors meet in Stockholm. Made some really nice finds. 8 35mm Disney cartoons in good condition. £10/each. Cheaper than my Super 8 prints where when I bought them 40 years ago
Also two Super 8 800ft reels containing 10 Tom & Jerry toons plus an anamorphic lens for Super 8 The lens is in original box and seems to be brand new. £25. Unfortunately no time to screen today, as I´m going to Norway early tommorow, to my work. ( 7 nightshifts are waiting for me )

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#48 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Well done Mats, a wagon load of bargains for sure, isn't it strange how 35mm, the cinema gauge is cheaper than 8mm.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#49 by Mats Abelli , Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:43 pm

Yes Hugh, It´s really strange, but there are so many more 8mm collectors. One 6 minute toon on 35 occupy the same area on my shelf, as a full feature on Super 8. I guess that´s a part of the answer.

Eivind Mork likes this

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#50 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:30 am

Paradox that collectors will always pay more for an "inferior" print on 8mm.
Still its to do with supply and demand and the universality of 8mm equipment.
I will always pay more for 16mm / 35mm when compared with 8mm not the
other way round.

Mats Abelli likes this
David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cool old projector

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor