Muray 16mm Editor

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:46 pm

Although i purchased this item a few months ago, i have recently begun using this excellent Muray editor to sort out a few of my 16s. I know most editors are very basic and simply do the job of allowing the user to view while winding the film through for cutting, but this purchase via a fellow collector and friend, has been a bit a life saver for a few of our films. Previously, I kept looking on ebay for one, and while a few did crop up they were either very rough looking with rust and/or dents, or at best , described as "working order, the lamp lights", () the usual ebay sellers who happen to have one in the attic. This item is a different version to the usual ones that appear, first and foremost, the seller very kindly gave it a service, including cleaning of the mirrors, lubricating and cleaning of the rollers and even put in a new bulb which appear to be quite difficult to find at a reasonable price. It doesn't get any better than that. This particular model has the much larger screen and also, the roller assembly on the right side, (looking at it from the front) is on a spring loaded bar.

Aside the link here on this forum, i wondered if there are any other models, I am assuming that this link shows what they called the De Lux range with mine being the viewer only version, i would imagine the other two would take up rather a large space. Nothing is mentioned of the spring loaded roller assembly on one side. One things for sure, these Muray's were built to last.

Prior to having this editor, i simply used the 8mm editor to pop the film into the light to get to roughly were i needed it, (obviously, i didn't run the 16mm through the 8mm editor, just popped the film in and out to see where i was), then an eye lens to see the image to know where to cut, it was a long process. This has made life so much easier.

A huge thank you to the fellow collecotr.

Don Cunningham likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Muray 16mm Editor

#2 by Greg Perry , Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:11 pm

I have never seen that brand before. It looks a solid, quality build there. I have seen the Moviscop by Zeiss, the screen on yours does appear larger. This is a nice addition to your film room.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Elmo Industries
Help with title

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor